Call Us Today!
Conejo Restoration BBB Business Review
Call Us Today!

How Mold Can Affect Your Property and Health

Molds can damage and severely affect your home and all those who are living inside the home and are exposed to it. Mold can grow in most places inside a home and can grow on most surfaces, and in some cases, mold growth may become difficult to detect outwardly.

Homes are often warmer and damper than environments outside the home, which is why there are often a suitable breeding ground for molds. In addition to this, the mold can grow because of the increased humidity and moisture within your home, and as a result, can grow and spread throughout it. Mold is the kind of problem that doesn’t just disappear on its own. Molds need to be removed as soon as possible to avoid them from growing and further spreading through the home.

Areas where mold can grow:

Molds can usually grow in parts of the home where there are some kinds of leaks or water damages. When water stands inside your home, it increases the humidity of your home and so mold can easily settle down and grow. Furthermore, some other appliances can also become a cause for increased mold growth.

This can be because of appliances such as AC’s, condensers, filters, washing machines, and dryers, and even because of rooms like bathrooms. Generally, anything that can result in increased water vapours being produced can become a cause for developing mold. This is why professional restoration teams work to remove the excess water and in effect prevent mold and mildew development.

How mold growth can impact health:

Many health hazards are associated with exposure to high levels of mold. This can cause a lot of problems to people living nearby the molds, such as irritation of the nose and mouth, along with watery eyes and breathing problems. In some cases, this can even cause allergy-like symptoms such as frequent sneezing and rashes. In very sensitive individuals, molds can be responsible for triggering asthma attacks. This can also cause severe long term problems like mold infections within the lungs and chronic diseases.

Some molds can also be toxic and as such are very harmful to the people that are exposed to it. These molds secrete mycotoxins which can severely affect someone and cause them to experience neurological symptoms, the most common of which are headaches, dizziness, and reduced attention spans. These are very severe reactions and need to be dealt with immediately. If the exposure persists, the problems may become bigger and more difficult to deal with, especially with these toxic molds.

How to fix the mold problem:

If you have any suspicions about mold growth in your home, don’t delay any further. Being safe is far better than being sorry later on, and so you should immediately call up a restoration team. They will conduct a detailed inspection and once they have assessed the level of mold development, will work on removing the mold and preventing further growth.

Leave a Reply

Contact Us

Address: 2363 Teller Road, Unit 114
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Phone: (805) 338-6653

Reviews

Conejo Restoration BBB Business Review
Conejo Restoration

Follow Us

СALL NOW 805-338-6653