Call Us Today!
Conejo Restoration BBB Business Review
Call Us Today!

The Warning Signs of Mold in Your Home

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), any type of mold has the potential to cause some health problems. Nevertheless, many people remain as oblivious to the presence of mold in their homes as they do to the effects of mold on the body. You might say that this danger is hiding in not so plain sight all around us. As a mold inspection and mold restoration company, we often surprise customers with news of how much mold they are surrounded by in their homes. Many of our clients, like most people, are unsure about how to recognize mold or how it can be eliminated. For this reason, we would like to share with you some of the signs that you may have a mold problem.

  • Odd, musty smell: Any kind of musty odor especially coming from the basement may indicate that you have a mold problem. In this case you should look to see if you can find the source of the odor.
  • Excessive Moisture: Basements and bathrooms in particular are areas of your home that are exposed to a great deal of moisture. Warm, damp, and humid conditions are ideal for mold mold inspectiongrowth. As a matter of course, you should inspect these areas periodically for mold growth inside kitchen cabinets and pantries and bathroom sinks and vents.
  • Black, green, blue, white, yellow mold on any surface: Mold is not always hidden from plain site. Sometimes it can be quite easy to identify its source. Mold can appear on mattresses, walls, under sinks and other areas that are clearly visible to even the untrained eye. If you detect what might be mold you should call us for a mold inspection.
  • Positive dust spore test: Home improvement stores sell dust spore test kits that are easy to use and can indicate that conditions in your home are ideal for the formation of mold.
  • Health symptoms: Mold cannot always be seen but often its presence causes symptoms such as sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, cough and postnasal drip, itchy eyes, nose and throat watery eyes, etc.

In short, mold is all around us to some degree. Mold is in the air, on food, on the side of houses, etc. However, many people live in homes that have an abnormal concentration of mold that can be dangerous to their health. High levels of mold can lead to repeated respiratory illnesses, newly developed or worsening allergies (food, environmental), a compromised immune system, headaches and many other health problems. We can inspect and remove mold that may be putting your family’s health at risk.

Leave a Reply

Contact Us

Address: 2363 Teller Road, Unit 114
Newbury Park, CA 91320
Phone: (805) 338-6653

Reviews

Conejo Restoration BBB Business Review
Conejo Restoration

Follow Us

СALL NOW 805-338-6653